Interactions with Staff:
- Mentors and admins should be treated with respect at all times, even if you disagree with them. It is important to remember that those that are in positions of ‘power’ at Las Almas are spending their free time in order to do their best provide a safe and enjoyable environment for you to write in, at times even putting their own roleplay on hold to give you their attention.
- Once an admin is informed of the issue and makes a ruling on it, it is final. Going to another admin for a different answer or growing belligerent while trying to argue your point is a form of harassment and will be treated as such. We are a team, we communicate. It is safe to say that what one admin says, the rest of the team agrees with it. We do not want to waste your time or ours in an argument that will not change our opinion.
- Bans and warnings work on a case-by-case basis, depending on the severity of the offence. Warnings are verbal confirmations that you have broken a rule and that you will be given another chance to remain in good standing on the sim. Bans occur when the infraction is serious enough to warrant your removal from the sim.
- If you are found to have broken multiple rules at once with the absolute intent of doing so, then you may be permanently banned without a prior warning.
- Disclaimer: WordPress tracks user IPs. While we have access to this information, we will not be utilizing it unless we need to (i.e. in the event of a ban, spam or DDOS attack).
Out of Character Conduct:
- Players will be expected to interact with each other with kindness and maturity. Should an issue arise that deeply impacts on going roleplay or any other aspect of your experience at Las Almas, it will be up to you to find a way to solve it politely. Only when it has become abundantly clear that the issue will not be solved a moderator or admin will be involved. No matter how intense the In Character drama can become, at the end of the day, we are all writers coming together to create a damn good story.
- Recruitment for other sims is not allowed. If you are utilizing our player base by messaging those in our groups and on our sim to recruit for other sims (this includes asking people to join another sim, handing out notecards, LMs, etc), you will be removed immediately and it may or may not result in a ban.
- OOC sexism, homophobia, racism or other forms of harassment are all bannable offenses. Punishments will be issued on a case by case basis. Jokes that are made among friends that involve such topics should be taken to IMs so that they may not be misconstrued to be more than what they are.
- Those that are wanting to make groups for their businesses and factions or have the ‘Las Almas’/[LA] name in their group and tag title must be pre-approved by an admin.
- Please note that reaching out to players in IMs or OOCly to establish pre-existing connections is not only allowed but encouraged. Be kind and welcoming to your fellow players.
- Please do not AFK on the sim floor. It is not conducive for those that are looking for roleplay. If you are caught repeatedly AFKing on the sim floor, then you will be TPed/ejected off sim, warned or banned if you continue to do so. If you need to AFK, please do so in the landing zone or in your rental. The sim floor is for people that are IC and ready to roleplay only.
- As you noticed, we have a Discord server. However, this is different to what you may be accustomed to with other sims.
- There are no channels for OOC chatter. The reason for this is because a server is an extension of the sim, and is another area to moderate. To make it simpler, the Discord server is for IC means only.
- What this means is that only things that pertain to IC matters will be posted – announcements, events and rental notices.
- You will notice that there are role assignments – this will allow you to reach out to any fellow faction members with ease in order to establish connections. Please do not abuse this.
- Again, DMs are not considered an extension of the sim, unless someone is utilizing our server’s member list to actively recruit for another sim.
- There is only one official discord for the sim. Any other private servers created for factions, businesses, etc, are not the responsibility of Las Almas and its staff.
Conduct in Roleplay:
- The goal of Las Almas is to create an immersive urban experience formed from roleplay and not real-world history and current events. In our sim’s reality, the last recognizable president was Jimmy Carter. From there on, who won the presidential elections would be vague and of no real consequence to roleplay. There is no Trump vs Biden, no Q-anon, no ANTIFA, and no COVID-19 pandemic.
- However, local politics within Las Almas are greatly encouraged. There is plenty of opportunity for corruption and while collar crimes within the sim’s rich political lore. If you need ideas on where to start your Las Almas political career, one of our staff would be happy to help.
- You are required to wear a Las Almas tag any time you are on the sim floor and in character. This can be your citizen tag, or your criminal, hospital, Sheriff’s, fire department tag as well. This means only approved characters that have submitted a backstory can engage in roleplay on the sim.
- OOC Chatter should be kept to a minimum in public spaces and be placed between brackets (( )) if absolutely necessary. Sarcastic comments or attempts to sway a scene via OOC commentary in the local chat will not be tolerated. If we find evidence of such, you will be issued a warning. Any further infractions may result in a temporary followed permanent ban.
- A post order should be established and followed. This rule excludes large group events or scenes of 5 people or more.
- Text and calls that are sent in the middle of a scene will not have consequences for two rounds of posts. EX: Sally is getting beat up in an alley and calls 911. PC or NPC paramedics or police will not arrive until Sally’s writer has posted two more times. This same logic would apply to non-emergency PCs that are being called or texted to a scene. There must be proof of IC communication posted in local chat at the time of call or text being made.
- 911 Call NPCs: After two rounds of public roleplay (example: bank robbery, shoot out, etc) it is realistic that someone within a city as large as Las Almas would have called the police.
- Posts should be coherent with minimum grammatical errors. Las Almas is an immersive, literate, para-roleplaying community.
- Roleplay should occur on sim only in the local chat. Any roleplay done in IMs or on discord will not be counted as legitimate or be included in the Las Almas story. This rule excludes IC texts or calls sent in IMs and situations where your characters are behind walls/doors where no one else would hear them.
- Pre-plotting or attempts to influence future or ongoing roleplay through general chats or IMs is prohibited. If evidence of this is found, it will result in a warning. Further infractions will result with a ban.
- Godmodding, metagaming, and powergaming are clearly against the rules and all bannable offenses. Players found guilty of this will be eligible for a permanent ban after the very first infraction, depending on the severity. If you have any questions about the definition of any of those three words, please contact a staff member prior to applying.
- Be mindful of the content in your posts and what others can react to. A post that is full of thought emotes, insults and threats without giving the other person anything to react to is, in a way, godmodding.
- Regardless of personal limits, there will be an expectation of death should the situation call for it. If you are attempting to kill or attack others, or engage in high-risk behavior, there is a reasonable expectation that your character’s life may be taken as well. This includes permanent injuries and avoiding such consequences is a method of godmodding. Only dish what you can take.
- On that note, actions will always have consequences on this sim. If you are unwilling to accept any consequences, then think clearly about what you are about to do ICly. Should you refuse on an OOC level, it may result in a warning and further infractions will result in a ban.
- Please enable the saving of chat logs. It is highly encouraged that you log your roleplays in a notecard or save them. This way, if something is up for debate about the legitimacy of information, it will protect you from accusations of metagaming.
- Any mass attacks require admin approval. This includes large-scale bombings or attacks and anything that will affect a large population of the sim’s characters and businesses. Damages to businesses and personal property is allowed as long as it is within reasonable limits of the story. If you cuss someone out and they key your car, it is warranted. If you flip someone off and they blow up your store, that is not warranted.
- Realism is key. We are all here to write a collective story – there is no winning or losing!
- Avatars must be human, and look like an adult. Failure to comply will result in an immediate ejection. No animals, furries, or child avis. Repeated infractions of this rule will result in a permaban.
- Avatars should have realistic heights. No shorter than 5’7″ and no taller than 6’7″ (in SL height)
- Alternate accounts will be allowed. Your characters should have no connections within roleplay. If they begin to grow too close within your story, you will be expected to make the appropriate changes. Failure to do so will result first in a warning, followed by bans should the behavior continue.
- Players are not permitted to play two feature characters, or lead two businesses.
- If you are wanting to play a secondary character, it must be on a separate account.
- Players are also limited to two characters that are a part of two different factions. This means you cannot have three alts that are a part of the Bratva, Mafia and Sheriff’s Office, nor can you have two characters in the Cartel. You may only have two, and your alt must be disclosed to the sim GM or the application admin. The reason for this is to prevent any unfair accusations against you should any arise. This information is meant to be proactive in preventing issues instead of reactive, and your identities will remain confidential.
- Rerolling your character is permitted under certain circumstances.
- You may not reroll to escape consequences. If you character has messed with the wrong crowd, or is in legal trouble, you must see your character’s story through to the end in all fairness for others you have involved in your story.
- You may not reroll into a role that is too close to your old character’s story. Conflicting storylines via OOC means will never be allowed.
- This also applies to alts – if you shelf an active character and come back on another avatar to a role that is too close to your old character, it is not allowed.
- Only approved characters can rent. If you have not submitted an application and you have been found to have a rental, you will be ejected.
- Renting is a privilege, not a right. If you are banned from the sim for any rule infractions then you are not entitled to a refund.
- Rentals are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Vehicle permits are for the use of a vehicle on sim only. Anyone caught using a vehicle permit to add extra prims to their residential rental will have both privileges revoked without refund.
- Any and all decorations and furniture should not make noise, be rezzed outside of your rental, or be overly laggy. It should also fit in with the theme of the sim. You will be asked to pick up your things or have it returned without forewarning if you are found with these items.
- If you are over your prim limit, then you will only be warned once. After that, you may have your items returned without forewarning.
- Renters in arrear will be given 24 hours to pay their rental box. After that, you will be evicted and your items will be returned.
- Refunds will only be given if there has been a technical problem. Or if the reason is out of your control.
- Business and office spaces must be pre-approved before you can rent them. As required on the business application, you must be active in roleplay in order to keep your rental in good standing.
- Sim-owned businesses are pre-decorated, and therefore, you will not be given additional prims. Player-owned businesses will be allotted a certain number of prims as the storefront/office space is empty.
- Extra prims for your rental are available at a rate of 3L per prim. Please contact Pushka Damour for more information. Do not take a second rental to circumvent this.
- Vehicles: A separate vehicle license is required to rez a vehicle on sim. You can rent this privilege in addition to your home rental or without one. Vehicles must not be more than your license allowance and picked up when not in roleplay. If your vehicle is left unattended, it will be impounded. (returned to your inventory) We reserve the right to restrict scripts and lag caused by older models. Repeated infractions of this will result in a loss of vehicle renting privileges